Friday, May 30, 2008

Des Moines, Iowa


Our first itinerary is to attend the WORLD PORK EXPO in Des Moines, Iowa. We arrived Iowa 6 pm and was fetched by Mr. Leroi Davis, Akey Brand Manager. (Akey Inc. is our technical partner in the US- meaning they provide us with the newest breakthrough in swine feeds applicable here in our country). We went straight to the hotel—La Quintana to check in our luggage and we join Leroi na coz we are so excited to explore the town na! Iowa is a provincial town, just like in American movies, the houses has no gates!!! And the highways, as in highway, triple of our expressways here! Leroi has a prior meeting & he suggested that we’ll wait for him in time for dinner… and guess what… our waiting place is at the mall!!! Wow, less than 30 minutes in America and we were in a mall!!!! We went to Victoria Secret & Bath & Body, and it’s their season end sale!!! I was able to buy my favorite scents half the price! I also shopped some for pasalubong to my kikay friends…. Bearing in mind that well be traveling pa to different states, I budgeted my purchases… being an impulse buyer as I am, I was able to control myself thinking that maybe we can go to other malls pa… hay but I enjoyed the sale!!!! So dinnertime… but wait, its not dark outside at all!!! Around 9:30 pm pala didilim dun!!! It’s so weird! We grabbed dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Ironically, we did not ordered cheesecake… hehehehe, we ordered grilled burgers (ga-plato size) & oohh so rich & enormous mud pie, good thing Linda & I ordered 1 lang to split. Leroi said that its one of the store’s best selling goodies…Burp!!! Dinner there is superb!!! We also met some of the PhD nutritionists & salesmen of Akey during the dinner. Englisan na!!!! hahahahahah…

No comments: