Monday, November 24, 2008

I was Down and Out

I was hospitalized! Moreso, I had an operation (minor)! I was admitted to the hospital for chronic sinusitis. I was discharged from the hospital just now and I have been there since Monday, 2 am! I'm not expecting my condition to be this worse until the right side of my face started to swell. I had headache since Saturday & Sunday and then on Monday, I went straight to our company clinic for check up and the doctor confirmed that it was sinusitis & gave me strong antibiotics, decongestant & pain releiver. With these at hand, I thought it would be enough to cure it. So, I did not let it bother me thorugh the day and I was able to attend to two of my meetings. But after work, around 6:30 pm, I'm in pain and I cannot drive, so I asked an officemate to get me home. But not too long as I was resting in our apartment that I came down and asked my sister if my BIL can take me to the nearest hospital. And so I went, thinking that I won't be admitted and that the resident doctor will just inject me with antibiotics, steroids maybe for the swelling and pain reliever. I was so wrong, and they are so right! I needed to be admitted for close monitoring medication program because the swelling caused by sinusitis (confirmed in the paranasal x-ray) is near the brain and is dangerous if not properly treated. Yaiks, that really gave me the creeps! Good thing I went to see a doctor! I responded with the antibiotics (3 days) & steroids (2 days). Yey, thank God the pain is gone. I was bored already with nothing to do but to watch TV. But on my fourth day, swelling is much worst than the first time. The doctor, with my consent (naturally, I will say yes) decided to do the operation.. I was put to sleep, it lasted for 5 hours (from the time anesthesia was injected to the time I was conscious. Post operation was not that difficult. What I know is that the pain is now gone!!!! There's swelling still but no more pain.

Now, I have to be careful. I have to wear mask especially if I'm in the field. I got to finish all the take home medicines & be back to see my doctors for final prognosis.

It has been a week! I was down with sinusitis and out from work & blogging!

I missed the Baguio trip! Huhuhuhuhu...


1 comment:

Unknown said...

that's why i have'nt c u lately, how the things going......