Saturday, August 9, 2008

Blast from the past


Just came in from Spandau Ballet concert. Tony Hadley rocked the house down with the bands popular songs! Those are the songs I've grown up with... Gold, True, Lifeline, Round & round...He sang just like in the past. I've browsed through info about Spandau Ballet & tracked down their beginnings & the time thay become oh so popular... they started hitting the charts at '81... I was in grade school then when pop & rock music with all those synthesizers banging in the radio.... that was the 80s era trully... I really love the 80s ... retro & new wave... other popular bands I recall are Duran Duran, Culture Club, U2, Fralippolippi, OMD, A-ha, Petshop Boys, Depeche Mode, Wham... and a lot more... maybe I'll check on to my CD collection...

Oh well, just can't let this night end without posting an entry here about how was i able to travel down memory lane with Spandau Ballet's song. Trully a classic!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't even think i've heard of this guys sorry... maybe iwas too young then.

Insights from the Grocery Cart said...

missed the concert. will listen to my 80s mp3 instead to blast me to the past. i soooo love the 80s (except for a few fashion styles) but the music is GREAT

PinayWAHM said...

Hahaha.....I remember them of course. We even used one of their songs - Gold, I think - for one PE class exam. Those were the days...

They are still together?