Monday, August 4, 2008

Cinderella




This is must-see! It is already given that Lea Salonga is playing Cinderella. When I first learned that Cinderella is actually a play and that it will be staged here, I said to myself that I will watch it by hook or by crook.

What really struck me was the production set & design! The curtain is shimmering blue with the infamous glass slipper of Cinderella. Credits are up to the production team on how they did the transformation of Cinderella in rags to a ball gown and then back to rags again... and of course, the pumpkin into a golden carriage & mice to horsemen! They had really spun magic in the stage right before my eyes!!! Kudos too to the director, Bobby Garcia.

The orchestra is equally great! Though I'm more familiar with the songs rendered by Disney, Rodger's & Hammerstein's selection is a thumbs up! ... You should grab a copy of the OST.

It was indeed a worthwhile 2 hour show! The kid in us sometimes need to be unleashed once in while...

No comments: