Tuesday, October 7, 2008

At Wits End

Tomorrow is the last day of our preparation for another big event. Our company is one of the major sponsors of the biggest agricultural and livestock trade fair here in the Philippines. This is staged annually and for the 4th time, I'm the project leader. With this track record, I should be the master of this. But every year is different. Preparation is becoming more and more tedious since we have to beat our record in terms of staging, gimmick & of course, ROI of the previous year. Coming from an event last week, things are piling up again. Plus the fact that we just had our sales cut off which means new set of marketing guidelines has to be cascaded to the sales people. In short, I had this feeling that I'm the only one who is feeling the pressure. I cannot do them at all at the same time. I got the impression that my teammates has slowed down after last week's event and that I'm only the one running to beat all deadlines. Its true that we have created committees, but it seems that I do all things by myself. I'm at my wits end this afternoon that I had to raise my voice while I dished out all the things to do to my team. But after that, I somehow felt bad but still , I think that's the best way to do to wake them up. I wish that when I wake up tomorrow this 3 day event is over!