Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Vet On Call


I'm not the only veterinarian in our office. But every time that there is a dog related problem in one of my office mates, It is I that they call. Just recently, on a weekend, one of the boss (am not directly reporting to him) called me. I wish they understand the difficulty in diagnosing a pet problem over the phone. Its not easy. I'll just rely on their story & I should extract information that would lead me close to identifying whats really wrong with the dog.

In this case, good thing, the problem was a little bit glaring. The clinical signs based on my boss observation clearly states that the dog is suffering from flea infestation. So, I recommended the flea control products I always use.

Maybe the drug I recommended was effective since he did not call anymore. More so, two other bosses called me (from our mother company) for consultation. How I wish I charge for professional fee!!!